We all know the importance of first aid, but it’s not very often we get to put that into practice. A learner from the Nanpantan Hub definitely put their first aid knowledge to the test and incredibly saved a person’s life.

The learner came across a member of the public during the Christmas holidays who was choking. He made the brave decision to deal with the situation using his knowledge from first aid learnt at R.E.A.L. and his qualification at army cadets.

The patient began to fall in and out of consciousness, but the learner stayed calm and used his knowledge to deal with it. The whole time he engaged in an emergency service call where he was commended for remaining so calm.

The patient is very lucky this learner came across them and made the huge decision to help out. We’re all so proud of his heroic, life-saving actions.