Referral & Intervention Team Assistant
Can you answer ‘yes’ to these questions below?
- An experienced and qualified Teaching Assistant?
- Can you build up a rapport with your learners?
- Are you creative and innovative in your approach to learning?
- Want to make a real difference and build your career?
- Have experience working with Key Stage 4 & 5?
- Have experience working with Autism?
- Have a full driving licence and are able to drive on a daily basis?
Then we are looking for you!
R.E.A.L. Education delivers alternative educational provision for young people in the East Midlands who often have challenging and complex needs. We are looking for experienced teaching professionals to join our expanding Referral & Intervention Team.
This is a vital, front facing role. You will be meeting the young person and their parents/caregivers as they are referred into R.E.A.L. Education. This will often be the first contact they have had with the organisation, so professionalism and a friendly, welcoming approach is a must!
The role involves on a daily basis;
- Working mainly with young people in a 1:1 situation and sometimes working with a small group.
- Working closely with the young person’s parents or caregivers, it is essential that you are able to form good working relationships from the outset.
- Initial and ongoing assessment of the young person, to provide reports and recommendations of a suitable educational package/future pathway
- Working with young people with additional and complex needs including those youngsters who have SEMH needs, Autism and Anxiety related needs.
- Working with young people who for various reasons have found mainstream education challenging.
In return we offer a benefits package to include:
- 39 week contract
- Salary offered at £18,000 per annum
- Regular and effective support and supervision
- Full and robust induction into the business
- Good CPD opportunities throughout the year
- Private healthcare scheme, including gym membership discount
- Death in service benefit
- Pension scheme
- Family friendly leave entitlement
- Exciting opportunity to join a friendly and approachable team
Experience within this field is important, however, we are also looking for people who have a child centred approach, coupled with a passion for the role and can think creatively and innovatively about education. If this sounds like you, then come and be part of our passionate and dedicated team.
Please note, previous applicants need not apply.
If you want to have a chat about this role, please contact Maria Wills, Head of Referrals & Commissioning on 07584705831.
Position type: Referral & Intervention Team Assistant
Hours: 37.5 per week
Weeks: 39 weeks, term time only
Start date: ASAP
Closing date: 3pm on Friday 10th July
If you think you are an ideal candidate and would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV, covering letter and application form to email@example.com
Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check. Please read our policies on equality and diversity, and safeguarding on our website prior to submitting an application.