Deputy Head of School
R.E.A.L. Education Ltd aspire to be the leading provider of high quality learning opportunities and innovative approaches, to enable all children to receive a valuable, life changing experience. Our values of trust, innovation and achievement are core to re-thinking engagement and approaches to learning.
Due to the reorganisation of our independent schools staffing structure, we have an exciting vacancy for a Deputy Head of School in Hinckley, Leicester.
Within this role you will be required to support and assist the Head of Schools and the Strategic Leadership Team by providing dynamic and professional leadership and management to reflect the school’s vision, policy and practice.
Job Title: Deputy Head of School
Location: Hinckley, Leicester
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: £32,000 – £36,000 per annum
Closing date: 12pm on 24th August 2020
- Developing and motivating staff, setting high expectations, embedding outstanding teaching and learning strategies and raising achievements for learners on the school roll.
- Accountable for the operational functioning of the caseloads within school and be the main liaison on operational matters for the Head of School and Strategic Leadership Team
- Management of the school – articulating and modelling school’s vision and strategic direction, involvement in development initiatives, embedding ambition and driving improvement and contributing to schools ongoing cycle of self evaluation.
- Leading teaching and learning – monitoring quality of learning and teaching in the school, promote strategies for raising the achievement of learners, contribute to planning a diverse and flexible curriculum and to produce reports to support pupil reviews and EHC plans.
- Developing self and working with others – communicate schools strategic objectives and priorities with all staff, implement effective performance management processes within the staffing team and implement effective procedures to safeguard pupils at all times.
Full details of the responsibilities of this role can be found within the job description attached.
To be considered for this role, you are expected to be familiar with the National Standard of Excellence for Headteachers and those for teachers. In addition to this, you should also have significant experience of school leadership with a sustained record of school improvement.
You must also hold Qualified Teacher Status and be able to evidence continuing professional development. Further requirements can be found in the person specification attached.
If you think you have the drive and ambition and want to work with a forward thinking education company please send your completed application form and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.