R.E.A.L. Education Autism Provision
R.E.A.L. Education offers a range of specialist services with one common goal – to engage learners in education, build their trust and support them to achieve positive outcomes. R.E.A.L. acknowledges the challenges that autism presents and works with learners and their families, and other professionals, to overcome barriers so that learners achieve to their full potential.
Specialist environments for young people with autism
Our aim is for young people with autism to thrive within our personalised learning opportunities. Research shows specialist teaching, specific approaches and support programmes, and bespoke packages such as those offered at R.E.A.L. Education can help to improve outcomes for those learners.
Young people with autism can find education extremely challenging. Our extensive experience in supporting students with autism enables us to break negative cycles, create the right environments and deliver the necessary support needed for a young person to achieve in all areas of their development.
Our experienced teams of professionals working across the company have an in-depth understanding of autism. All staff undergo mandatory level 2 training in autism awareness and strategies to support learners. In addition we also offer;
- Autism champions who have additional qualifications and experience of working with young people with autism who advocate for learners with autism and support colleagues to meet the needs of our students
- Senior management with extensive knowledge, skills and higher qualifications in autism
- Quality education with opportunities to achieve nationally-recognised qualifications and accreditations from Entry Level to A-Level
- Opportunities to access vocational and work based training
- Structured personalised learning programmes with bespoke timetables designed around the individual
- 1:1 and group sessions
- Strong focus on developing social and independence skills and skills for employment
- Expert staff, trained in specific approaches to autism including behaviour support, enabling us to:
- Analyse challenging behaviours to identify their root cause (e.g. frustrations caused by sensory issues or inability to communicate needs)
- Equip young people with tools to self-regulate their behaviour
- Innovative teaching strategies to support young people with autism
- Support to reduce learner anxiety, be it general or education specific, so young people have the best opportunities to learn and progress
- Opportunities for staff to attend external training and conferences as well as our own in-house specialist training including specialist autism training and Controlling Risky Behaviours training
- Specialist supported autistic learner voice forums
- Parent support groups
Delivering great outcomes
R.E.A.L. Education works hard to ensure that our young people get the best opportunities to further their studies in mainstream settings and beyond, to university, paid work and apprenticeships. Our robust quality assurance examines the impact our provision has on our learners, allowing us to look at best practice in detail.
Thanks for all of your support