R.E.A.L. East Midlands based Construction Training Academy plans unveiled
R.E.A.L. Education were delighted to welcome over 50 delegates, from across the Education and Construction sectors to the recent launch of our Construction Academy, held at Portland College.
Steve Quinn – Joint M.D. for R.E.A.L. Education outlined our plans for working in collaboration with surrounding local authorities, industry partners, the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) and other third party agencies to address the skills shortage faced regionally by the industry.
Steve commented: “We are seeking to establish collaborative partnerships with interested parties, with an end goal of producing more ‘work ready’ employees for the industry.”
The presentation included:
- An introduction to R.E.A.L. Education
- The new East Midlands Construction Training Academy
- Addressing the skills gap for employers
- Better accessibility to apprenticeships for employers
- Pathways into construction for under represented groups
For further details of how your company can support this project please contact Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org.