OFSTED praise for R.E.A.L. Alternative Provision School
The R.E.A.L. Alternative Provision School in Mansfield recently received its first Ofsted visit since opening in January 2016. R.E.A.L staff were delighted with the report that stated that:
‘This is a good school’
R.E.A.L. provide a broad range of education programmes for students from school age through to adulthood, recognised by Ofsted in November 2016 as being outstanding and flexible. In our work we have committed to Rethink Engagement and Approaches to Learning and this has lead to a solution focussed approach that places the student at the heart of their learning.
The key findings of the report are that:
- The headteacher demonstrates excellent leadership.
- The school provides an outstanding, flexible Curriculum.
- The quality of teaching and learning across the full curriculum is consistently good.
- In the short time since the school opened, pupils have made good progress across a range of subjects, including English and Mathematics, from mostly low starting points.
- Post-16 students make good progress with nationally recognised qualifications.
- Leaders and governors have a strong and accurate understanding of how well pupils are achieving.
- Leaders and governors are highly ambitious for the school.
- Pupils demonstrate strong improvements in their attendance
Headteacher Martin Davies commented… ”We are delighted with the report, we feel it is an accurate and honest appraisal of where we are as a brand new school. It’s testimony to the hard work and team ethic that exists at the R.E.A.L. Alternative Provision School. The leadership team, governors, staff and students can be proud of the very positive report that they have earned and fully deserve.”
Please read the report here